News About Our Partners
- Maynard 200 aims to increase minority talent in newsrooms
- Data & Society release two new reports from their Media Manipulation Initiative:
- Searching for Alternative Facts: Analyzing Scriptural Inference in Conservative News Practices, drawn directly from Dr. Francesca Tripodi’s ethnographic research within upper-middle class conservative Christian communities in Virginia in 2017, and;
- The Oxygen of Amplification: Better Practices for Reporting on Extremists, Antagonists, and Manipulators Online by Whitney Phillips, which draws on interviews with journalists to create a new paradigm for editorial best practices that is designed to minimize narrative hijacking by bad-faith actors.
- The European Journalism Centre is launching an “Engaged Journalism Accelerator” in partnership with the Civil and the News Integrity Initiative
- First Draft launches a Free Online Course for Identifying Misinformation
- The WikiTribune Way: What it’s like to run a news site with a “neutral point of view”
From the NII Team
- Combating Media Manipulation
- What Do We Really Know About Changing Minds? Unlocking the power of behavioral science to build enduring trust and mutual respect between newsrooms and the public.
- European Journalism Centre, News Integrity Initiative and Civil join forces in support of people-powered newsrooms
- How are we going to invite and listen to audiences we’ve typically ignored?
- Six Months In (Part 1 of a 3-part series)
- Shifting Mindsets (Part 2 of a 3-part series)
- Committing to Transparency (Part 3 of a 3-part series)
- UF, News Integrity Initiative Partner to Assist Newsrooms in Use of Social Science to Help Increase Media Trust (April 2018)
- The Community Listening and Engagement Fund awards first round of grants to 34 news organizations (April 2018)
- “Finding Common Ground” awards announced (Mar 2018)
- News Integrity Initiative Awards $2.5 Million to International Partners (Nov 2017)
- News Integrity Initiative Awards $1.8 Million to Build Support for Quality Journalism (Oct 2017)